POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Questionable Content on the Newsgroups : Re: Questionable Content on the Newsgroups Server Time
3 Aug 2024 18:24:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Questionable Content on the Newsgroups
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 5 Apr 2004 06:28:19
Message: <407134c3$1@news.povray.org>
> Am I the only one (besides Greg, Tyler, Bob, and Patrick) who feels this
> way? Please speak up, or else nothing will be done about it. I hope to
> enjoy these newsgroups again someday.

I too don't like the current spin of images in p.b.i. It is difficult to
propose where to draw a line between erotic, obscenity and pornography
though. What might be considered erotic is perhaps obscene to the next.

IMHO, nude images aren't a problem, but once there's a real sexual explicit
content, I tend to think that the image isn't appropriate for the
newsgroups, depending on the degree of content. That aside, most of us do
have a personal website, so why not use your own gallery for such images?
Those interested may visit the gallery, the others just stay away.

At the moment, I'm pondering whether I should activate a killfile. IMBJR
does have some common sense, but to me, he's too much for confrontation, and
is difficult to discuss with. Also, the magnitude of rather simple scenes
(speaking in terms of complexity for script etc) seems to flood the
newsgroups lately, and though some are of artistic merit, I can't see many
with technical merit. Since he's not after comments at all, I don't get
really why he's posting here, cause there's not much for a POVer to learn
from.

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"
Homepage: <http://www.nolights.de>